A Greer UL 142 Double Wall Tank is fabricated to meet strict UL standards and comes with a one year warranty. (If a longer warranty is required please see our STI F921® tanks which come with a 30-year warranty.)
Suitable for above ground storage of a range of flammable and combustible Fuels.
Customizations available, click on the Customizations tab below for more detail.
UL 142 Double Wall Tank Product Details
- A UL 142 double wall tank is equipped with 3”, 4”, 6”, 8” or 10” Emergency Vent opening for primary tank. (sized per UL requirements). Sizes dependent on project specifications.
- Openings are female national pipe thread (FPNT).
- Tanks larger than 76” in diameter are supplied with 18” manhole per UL-142 specifications.
- Tanks are designed for stationary use and require a support structure. Call for details.
- Exterior paint is red oxide primer. Interior is unpainted.
- Also available in rectangle design
- Cradle and Skid mounting
- OSHA ladders and catwalks
- Custom coatings (interior and exterior)
Above Ground UL 142 Double Wall Tank Sizes:
* Tanks are also available as non-UL
** LP – indicates “Low Profile”
UL 142 Specifications
UL 142 includes requirements that manufacturers use to design and fabricate aboveground steel tanks, and that certification organizations such as UL use to investigate and List (certify) these tanks. The standard includes a comprehensive set of requirements in the following areas:
• Construction requirements – These include specification for the tank materials, joints, connections, fittings, manholes (if provided), fill, drain and gauge openings, and painting. They also include specific construction requirements for the primary and secondary containment means, supports, etc.
• Performance tests – These requirements include tank leakage, hydrostatic strength, top loading, buoyancy, hydrostatic load, tank support load, and lift lug tests that are designed to verify that the tank design does not exhibit signs of leakage and/or structural damage as a result of these tests.
• Markings and production line test – UL 142 requires tanks to include a specific UL Listing Mark permanently affixed to the tank. The Listing Mark includes the UL symbol, the word “LISTED,” a control number and the name of the tank construction as indicated in the manufacturer’s Listings (e.g. Secondary Containment Aboveground Tank, Generator Base Tank, etc.) In addition, 100% of the production of each Listed primary and secondary containment tank must be tested for leakage by the manufacturer.
Ladders, Stairs, Platforms, Catwalks:
Internal and external ladders, stairs, platforms and catwalks are designed to comply with strict OSHA guidelines.
Greer’s tank supports are designed to keep the tank stationary and also to support and elevate the tank to minimize corrosion concerns. Our supports are available in different designs to accommodate specific installation requirements: UL saddles, skids, cradles or a variety of tank stands.
Manways provide access to the tank and include a bolted cover and gasket. A variety of designs can be ordered for your specific project.
Complete Pump Systems:
Your pump systems packages can be ordered to your specific needs. These can either be mounted on the tank, on a platform, or shipped loose for installation by others.
Fuel Guards and Spill Containments:
Our Fuel Guards are powder coated (inside and out) and are available in 5 or 7.5 gallon sizes. The tops are designed so that they may be locked. Spill containments are designed per project spec. and contains 1/2” plunger to return spilled liquids.
These provide detection for leak and level alarms.