STI FLAMESHIELD® tanks are above ground storage tanks that are manufactured with a tight‐wrap double‐wall design. Standard features include 2‐hour fire‐tested performance, built‐in secondary containment and interstitial monitoring capability.
Compatible With a Wide Range of Fuels and Chemicals, Including Biodiesel and Ethanol.
STI Flameshield® Tanks Product Details
- 2‐hour 2000° fire‐test, as required by Southwest Research Institute Standard SwRI 97‐04, validates performance of non‐insulated tanks
- Primary and secondary tank can be tightness tested on site with standard testing procedures, or manufacturer may ship with vacuum in the interstice to prove integrity of both walls during installation
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals
- Support designs available for all seismic requirements
- Choose from many integral support types, including saddles and skids
- Vertical tanks supported on legs, and skirted available, with Listing label
- Capacities range up to 75,000 gallons
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Low cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally-recognized STI standards with strict third-party QC inspection program
STI Flameshield® Tanks
Available in 500-gallon, 1000-gallon, 1500-gallon, 2000-gallon and custom sizes.
Flameshield® Guideline Specifications:
- Provide Flameshield7 2‐hour 2000° fire‐tested double‐wall aboveground storage tanks.
- Tanks shall bear the Steel Tank Institute Flameshield7 identification label.
- Aboveground tanks shall bear Southwest Research Institute 97‐04 label.
C. Product Description:
- 1. Tanks shall be manufactured in accordance with Steel Tank Institute Flameshield7 Standard for Aboveground Tanks.
- Aboveground tank primary and secondary containment (inner and outer walls) shall be manufactured in accordance and listed with Underwriters Laboratories UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids.
- Integral secondary containment shall be testable and provide access for interstitial leak detection monitoring.
- Listed supports shall be used for all horizontal, rectangular and vertical tanks. Supports are designed for seismic loading, if necessary.
- Manufacturer shall be a licensed member company of the Steel Tank Institute and subject to Steel Tank Institute’s Quality Assurance program.
Ladders, Stairs, Platforms, Catwalks:
Internal and external ladders, stairs, platforms and catwalks are designed to comply with strict OSHA guidelines.
Greer’s tank supports are designed to keep the tank stationary and also to support and elevate the tank to minimize corrosion concerns. Our supports are available in different designs to accommodate specific installation requirements: UL saddles, skids, cradles or a variety of tank stands.
Manways provide access to the tank and include a bolted cover and gasket. A variety of designs can be ordered for your specific project.
Complete Pump Systems:
Your pump systems packages can be ordered to your specific needs. These can either be mounted on the tank, on a platform, or shipped loose for installation by others.
Fuel Guards and Spill Containments:
Our Fuel Guards are powder coated (inside and out) and are available in 5 or 7.5 gallon sizes. The tops are designed so that they may be locked. Spill containments are designed per project spec. and contains 1/2” plunger to return spilled liquids.
These provide detection for leak and level alarms.