A GEN‐TANK Generator Base Tank provides sturdy support for your backup or emergency power generator. The low profile of the GEN‐TANK design serves as the structural support for the generator mounting while providing storage for a complete supply of generator diesel fuel.
Compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals, including conventional diesel and biodiesel.
GEN-TANK Generator Base Tank Product Details
- Listed by UL as a Special Purpose Tank
- Protected tank construction listed to UL 2085
- Fire‐tested construction listed to SwRI 97‐04
- Primary and secondary tank can be tightness tested on site with standard testing procedures
- Interstitial space can be monitored for leak detection
- Primary storage tank and secondary containment compatible with a wide range of fuels and chemicals
- Impermeable to all petroleum products and vapors
- Stores diesel fuel for emergency and backup generators
- Steel construction provides strength and durability
- Low‐profile rectangular design with capacity of up to 13,000 gallons, and sizes up to 48” high, 136” wide and 465” long
- Flange type design has external supports with a load bearing capacity of 6,000 lbs per attachment point
- Protected tank design also available with internal supports that don’t interfere with enclosure cabinets, with a load‐bearing capacity up to 17,500 lbs. per support beam
- Steel construction allows for recycling
- Low-cost compartments and customization
- Built to nationally‐recognized STI standards with strict third‐party quality control inspection program
GEN-TANK Guideline Specifications:
- Provide STI GEN‐TANK generator base tank.
- Tanks shall bear the Steel Tank Institute GEN‐TANK Generator Base Tank identification label.
C. Product Description:
- Tanks shall be manufactured in accordance with Steel Tank Institute GEN‐TANK Standard for Generator Base Tanks.
- Primary and secondary containment tanks (inner and outer walls) shall be manufactured in accordance and listed with Underwriters Laboratories UL 142, Standard for Steel Aboveground Tanks for Flammable and Combustible Liquids. Fire‐tested tank construction shall be listed to SwRI 97‐04. Protected tank construction shall be listed to UL 2085.
- Tanks shall be (single‐wall steel) or (double‐wall with a steel inner wall for primary containment and integral steel outer wall for secondary containment) or (steel fire‐tested construction) or (steel protected construction with external flange support) or (steel protected construction with internal structural support).
- Integral secondary containment shall be testable and provide access for interstitial leak detection monitoring.
- Manufacturer shall be a licensed member company of the Steel Tank Institute and subject to Steel Tank Institute’s Quality Assurance program.